Statement of Faith
What We Believe
- We believe in the Divine inspiration, the infallibility and supreme authority of the Old and New Testaments in their entirety and that the Holy Spirit so moved the writers that what they wrote are authoritative statements of truth.
- We believe there is one God in whom there are three equal Divine Persons revealed as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and who of His own sovereign Will created the heavens the earth and all that is contained within the Universe.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternally existing only begotten Son of the Father conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. As God He became flesh and dwelt among us; as man He was God.
- We believe all men are in a fallen sinful and lost condition through the rebellion of Adam and Eve who were created without sin and in this state of depravity are helpless to save themselves and are under the condemnation of God to eternal punishment in Hell.
- We believe that salvation from the penalty and consequences of sin is found only through the substitutionary atoning death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe it is the Holy Spirit alone who convicts men of sin, leads them to repentance, creates faith within them and regenerates and fills those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord. It is the indwelling Spirit who bestows the Gifts of the Spirit and manifests the Fruit of the Spirit in the believer.
- We believe Christ died for our sins was buried and the third day rose from the dead, that he appeared to men who touched Him and knew His bodily presence and that He ascended to His Father.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ will return in person with His saints and that the full consummation of the Kingdom of God awaits His return.
- We believe those who have been regenerated by the Holy spirit will receive a resurrection body at the return of Jesus Christ and be forever with the Lord while those who have not believed will be resurrected to stand at the Judgement Seat of God to receive His judgement and eternal condemnation to Hell.
- We believe in the actual existence of Satan who is the father of all evil and opposed to God although ultimately subject to the purposes of God and destined to be confined forever in Hell.
- We believe the Church is the Body of Christ composed of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ which finds its visible manifestation in the local community of believers and ministers through the co-operative exercise of God-given gifts by the entire membership. Each local community of believers is competent under Christ as Head of the Church to order its life without interference from any civil authority.
- We believe there are two ordinances instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.