CQCC operates in the context of a partnership between
A Friendly Atmosphere
Each member of the College community seeks to be
- A clear communicator
- A person who is quick to resolve misunderstanding or conflict with humility and grace.
We believe that education is not only about the transfer of knowledge to the student but the transformation of their life. Our desire for each student is:
- A sense of love that is secure
- A purpose that is significant
- A faith that is strong
- God created us to be in relationship with Him and each other – family.
- We turned away from God and became separated from him.
- We are spiritually dead and unable to restore relationship with him.
- Because he loves us, God sent Jesus to carry the punishment of our rebellion and restore our relationship with him.
- If we believe in Jesus and turn back to God in true repentance, we can receive forgiveness, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the promise of eternal life.
- An overflow of the Holy Spirit in our life is a new love for God and other people.
- This love has the power to change the world.
- A full confession of faith may be found here
Values – Expanded Statements
- Talk to him “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”
- Listen to him “This is my beloved son – listen to him.”
- Obey him “To obey is better than sacrifice.”
- Give our heart to him
- Walk with him
- Spirit of prayer
- Spirit of worship
- Spirit of faith
- Spirit of the fear of the Lord
- Respect yourself
- Present yourself well
- Have a good attitude
- Know who you are in Christ
- Know you belong
- You are worth it!
- Have a confidence in your beliefs
- Be secure in who you are as a person
- Know God loves you
- Have joy
- Walk in an inner peace – meekness
- Sense of belonging
- Build good relationships with peers, students, staff, family.
- Obey leaders
- Be courteous
- Understanding & tolerance
- Teamwork & co-operation
- Being unselfish – (not self-centred)
- Willingness to give of your time and self
- Be patient, kind and gentle
- Be faithful
- Be forgiving
- Look for the good in others
- Accepting others
- Being aware of others’ needs, backgrounds, experiences
- Praise for one another; encouragement
* Because we love God and others, we are committed to regular Christian fellowship in the Church, the Body of Christ. As the Scripture says, we cannot love God and hate our brother. Regular Christian fellowship is a vital component of our faith.
SEEK KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM & UNDERSTANDING
- Read the Bible
- Listen to teachers
- Ask for help
- Active learning – take ownership
- Set achievable & realistic learning goals
- Develop a good learning habits
- Willingness to learn; to have a go even when you are not confident
- Opportunity for new learning experiences
- Pursue Truth
LIVE WITH INTEGRITY AND ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY
- Be accountable
- Be aware of your strengths and weaknesses
- Seek Christ-like character
- Developing self-discipline
- Life skills – time management, organisational skills
- Personal appearance
- Developing ownership of learning and behaviour
- Develop a good work ethic
- To do everything to the best of your ability – achieve
- To have a servant heart in things; willingness to do things without having to be told; initiative
- Care for the environment
- Be punctual and prepared
BE A LEADER
- Have courage
- Sense of humour
- Create an element of fun
- Firm yet fair
- Be Positive – attitude, behaviour, management
- Be self-controlled
- Be open & honest
- Share skills, competencies and talents with others
- Feeling of success
- Challenge yourself to greater levels of achievement
- Help others to overcome challenges, obstacles
- Be a leader
- Genuine; real; not afraid to be who you are; honest. Not afraid that you will lose respect of peers for being open.
- Willingness/confidence to offer ideas for improvement in programmes/resources
- Good sportsmanship
- Be a good role model
- “Everything I do and say is noticed, as is everything I don’t do and say is.”
- Contribute to society
Rights and Responsibilities
Each member of the College community has the RIGHT to
- Feel safe
- Learn to the best of their ability
- Be treated with dignity and respect
Each member of the College community has the RESPONSIBILITY to
- Show respect
- Be responsible
- Be safe
- Use self-control
- Be positive
A Variety of Learning Experiences
We seek to provide learning experiences in a range of settings:
- Small group
- Whole class
Learning may be:
- Teacher directed
- Text & workbooks based
We seek to develop the whole person:
We seek to cater for different styles:
We endeavour to tailor these experiences to each individual’s needs.
We are committed to providing curriculum that
- Helps us see and know God in a greater way. “Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature.” Rom 1:20
- Examines content from God’s perspective “His ways are higher than our ways.”
- Is age appropriate .
- Has a balance between an awareness of the world and the protection of innocence.
- Promotes worship of the one, true God.
- Does not promote the worship of other gods or the use of magic, sorcery, voodoo, superstition or any other evil art.
- Does not display images of other gods or images associated except in the study of other religions.
- Does not present stories with mythology or other spiritual content except those that have been written with the intention of speaking to us of Christ. E.g. C.S.Lewis’ Narnia Chronicles.
- Seeks to remove anything that Satan might take as a foothold in the College or a student’s life. (Eph 4:27)
- Sets before students Truth and Wisdom.
- Does not elevate humanistic philosophies, but considers them in light of God’s truth at an appropriate age.
- Sets before students men and women from history who were of Godly character and provided good examples that can be followed.
- Considers the lives of other figures from history from God’s perspective.
- Does not elevate or glorify men or women in history who were of ungodly character.
- Respects the sanctity of human life.
- Respects marriage between man and woman as ordained by God.
- Say hello/goodbye
- Say please/thank you/excuse me
- Be on time
- Wait your turn
- Sit properly
- Ask before using
- Ask before moving
- Don’t interrupt or yell out
- Don’t swear
- Don’t embarrass others
- Use good manners
- Acknowledge others
- Use greetings
- Use people’s names
- Look at people when talking
- Accept differences
- Respect opinions of others
- Give compliments
CQCC Values Explained using Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Jesus’ Be-Attitudes and Australian Values for Schools
- Love God
- Be Spiritually Hungry (Jesus Be-Attitude #4)
- Love others
- Respect (Australian Value #7)
- Understanding, Tolerance and Inclusion (Australian Value #9)
- Think Win-Win (Covey Habit #4)
- Seek First to Understand, Then be Understood (Covey Habit #4)
- Be Merciful (Jesus Be-Attitude #5)
- Be a Peacemaker (Jesus Be-Attitude #7)
- Have Care and Compassion (Australian Value #1)
- Love yourself
- Do Your Best (Australian Value #2)
- Sharpen the Saw – Renew yourself and live a balanced life (Covey Habit #7)
- Be Unshakable (Jesus Be-Attitude #3)
- Seek knowledge, wisdom and understanding (Learn)
- Be Humble (Jesus Be-Attitude #1)
- Live with Integrity (Be Truthful)
- Ensure consistency between words and deeds (Australian Value #6)
- Have Honesty and Trustworthiness (Australian Value #5)
- Be Pure and Honest in Motives (Jesus Be-Attitude #6)
- Accept Responsibility
- Be Proactive (Covey Habit #1)
- Be Repentant (Jesus Be-Attitude #2)
- Be accountable for one’s own actions, resolve differences in constructive, non-violent and peaceful ways, contribute to society and to civic life, take care of the environment (Australian Value #8)
- Be a Leader (Be a Positive Influence)
- Begin with the End in Mind (Covey Habit #2)
- Put First things First (Covey Habit #3)
- Synergise (Covey Habit #6)
- Be Courageous and Loyal Under Fire (Jesus Be-Attitude #8)
- Enjoy and Stand up for Freedom (Australian Value #4)
- Pursue and Protect a Fair Go (Australian Value #3)